What a year 2021 has been for real estate! We broke records beyond imagination and worked hard to keep our clients and readers up to date amidst the swiftly-changing currents in Summit County. While we pride ourselves on being your "hometown team", relatable to our clients with time-honored values and traditions, we strive to be ahead of the game when it comes to market trends and technology. Our breckenridgeassociates.com website is the top-ranking Breckenridge real estate source on all major search engines with a million views per year and over 100,000 regular visitors. Our locally-owned site receives more hits than the national chains with offices in Breckenridge. We are committed to delivering the information our clients and readers are most interested in.
As a real estate website, it’s no wonder the most common searches are for new real estate listings and information on listings recently sold. Second to that, our readers want to see the latest statistics for average sales price, price per square foot, days on the market, sales volume and more. We gather this data from the Summit Association of Realtors and the Summit County MLS, and update these numbers on our website with each quarterly report, right down to details such as year-over-year appreciation for various property types.
All 18 Breckenridge Associates agents are well known in the community and local real estate industry with very broad networks. Our Agents page is one of the most-visited on our site and helps buyers and sellers learn more about our agent's histories and personal interests.
For 2021, the top-ranking, topic-specific pages included Summit County Communities which provides an all-county town overview, the Furnishings page which offers advice on what to do about the furniture in a home you bought or are planning to sell, and unsurprising, the Affordable Housing page which provides information for local residents who are interested in purchasing deed-restricted properties.
We’ve got some of the most popular web cams in Breckenridge, one on Main Street Breckenridge and a mountain cam that gives us a close look at Breckenridge Ski Resort. We regularly hear from people all over the country about how much they enjoy seeing live video of their favorite mountain town.
Top 5 Real Estate Blogs for 2021
1. Aside from real estate sales, the hottest topic of the year has been changes to Short-Term Rental licensing in Breckenridge and Summit County. We will continue to follow these changes and update our readers in the coming year.
2. With historically low inventory, buyers are inquiring more about new construction. Our Residential Build-Out in Summit County, published in July 2021 answered some of those questions.
3. How did early 2021 compare to 2020? Readers wanted to know.
4. Why is the inventory for sale so low? The largest generation is looking to buy.
5. Short-term rental properties are always relevant in a resort community, but before it became an ever hotter topic this year, we wrote about Getting the Most out of Your Short-Term Rental Property.
Top 5 Lifestyle Blogs for 2021
1. Surprisingly, our readers were most interested in the new parking garage! We’re happy to report that the parking garage opened last month and is probably the most aesthetically appealing parking garage in the country. When the people said they wanted a garage that didn’t look like a parking garage, the Town of Breck listened and delivered.
2. Still awaiting more snow, Peak 7 has not yet opened for the season. We are still anxiously awaiting a ride on the new Freedom Superchair.
3. Visitors are still learning about the new sledding hill in Breckenridge. The overwhelming popularity of the original hill at Carter Park made a second hill a necessity.
4. Do you know what alpine touring is? Its popularity grew last ski season with the ski reservation system in place and will likely continue to grow while the resorts have limited terrain open or during peak season when many resorts become crowded.
5. We can't help being partial to Breckenridge, but the truth is that each town in Summit County is unique and special in its own way.
Photos and real estate go together like skis and snow. Who doesn’t enjoy seeing photos of beautiful homes? It’s not always the largest and most luxurious home photos that get the most views. A viewer's eye may be caught by head-turning curb appeal, uniquely crafted beams, custom-designed decor, or a pleasant color scheme. Some of the properties we listed in 2021 closed so fast that the photos disappeared from the internet within a few days. Here are some of our most-viewed photos for 2021.
We look forward to providing world-class service to our clients for many years to come. You will always be able to count on us for the most up-to-date knowledge in Breckenridge and Summit County real estate, the way only a local agency can do. 970.453.2200.Posted by Breckenridge Associates Real Estate on