Join us on our front porch of the Breckenridge Associates Real Estate office at 9:30am on Friday, August 24th for Bloody Marys and Bagels. Count down to the Stage 5 Breckenridge start of the USA Pro Cycling Challenge from the best front lawn viewing area in town!
Prior to the official start of the race, the athletes will begin with two neutral laps beginning at 10:50am, with each passing by the Breckenridge Associates Real Estate office. The official start will then follow on Main Street between Washington and Adams, making the view from our front porch exciting and truly a part of the action!
Stage 5 of the race departs from Breckenridge and features a 10 mile climb up to Hoosier Pass to 11,500 feet for a single summit and then a quick descent into Fairplay. In this segment of the race, cyclists will then descend into Woodland Park, where they may hit their fastest speeds of the week at the downhill Sprint Line. Next, it’s onto Colorado Springs with a technical uphill through Garden of the Gods and a finish through downtown Colorado Springs.
More Race Details for Friday, August 24
- Start Village activities and autograph opportunities: 9:30am
- Rider Ceremony: 9:50am
- Race Start with Neutral Laps through downtown Breckenridge: approx. 10:50am
- Chalk Art: 11am-2pm, judging at 3pm, awards at 4pm; Washington St. & Main St.
- Citizen Street Sprints: after race start, on start line
- Ripstoke Trials and Mountain Bike Stunt Show: after race start, Blue River Plaza
- FREE Maceo Parker Concert: 4:30pm Riverwalk Center
Head to the UPCC.GoBreck.com details on road closures the day of the race. If you can take the bus, bike or walk into town, that’s your best bet. Parking will be a challenge on race day.
Please contact us to learn about real estate opportunities in Breckenridge and Summit County, Colorado. 800.774.7970 or 970.453.2200. Click here for the latest news about Breckenridge Real Estate.