Breckenridge is truly wonderful in December, with snow on the mountains, festivities in full swing and the holiday spirit on display everywhere in our special town. There is no better place to spend the holidays. The first week in December is the beginning of Breckenridge’s annual picture-perfect holiday transformation. For 2020, the annual traditions of the Lighting of Breckenridge and Race of the Santas will not take place, but will return in 2021. The town will still be lit with more than 250,000 twinkling LED lights, but instead of the traditional celebration where the entire town lights up with the flip of a switch, the lights will be turned on gradually beginning the first week of December. New for 2020, businesses will be decorating trees that will be placed along the Blue River Rec Path for the month of December.
We look forward to 2021 when the fun-filled activities will return- there are so many, you better start planning now! It’s a sure thing that you will never see so many Santas in one place as you will when hundreds and hundreds of them gather to race down Main Street. Kids of all ages can join in the Snowman Building Competition, and the younger revelers have their own fun run--the Moose March fun--on Main Street. Even your favorite furry four-legged pals won’t miss out as they parade through town in the Holiday Dog Parade. And everyone—locals and visitors alike—will want to be part of our wonderful traditions of the Lighting of Breckenridge 2021, meeting Santa and a free Holiday Concert.
Future Events as follows:
Snowman Building Competition
- FREE to kids of all ages
- Judged by the BreckCreate staff
- Located on the Arts District Lawn in the middle of Ridge Street.
Holiday Dog Parade
- FREE for all doggies on Santa’s nice list (aren’t they all good doggies?)
- Gather at Main Street Station.
- Parade located on Main Street.
- Kids 12 and under.
- Pick up your Reindeer antlers for the race.
- March located on Main Street.
Race of the Santas
- For participants 13 and up.
- Race is less than a mile on Main Street.
- Wear your Santa Suit.
Lighting of Breckenridge
- Tree lighting in Blue River Plaza.
- FREE photos with Santa.
- Located at the Barney Ford Museum.
FREE Holiday Concert
- Don’t miss a favorite performs top hits, original music, Jazz, Blues and R&B.
- Located at the Riverwalk Center.
For more information on the Lighting of Breckenridge and the Race of the Santas, visit GoBreck.com.