If you’ve listened to any real estate news in the past 6 months, you won’t be surprised by the 2020 year-end statistics. It was the year of the most unexpected real estate boom in history and occurred not only in Summit County, but across many parts of Colorado. Home is no longer just the space where we relax and sleep at night. For millions of Americans, home has evolved into a workplace, school, gym and base for outdoor activity.
Take a look at these statistics from 2020:
Sales in Breckenridge for all property types increased 24% over 2019 (798 properties sold vs 640). Sales for all of Summit County is up 21%. List-to-sales price ratio and price per square foot are at record-breaking highs and inventory is at record-breaking lows for both Breckenridge and Summit County. Vacant land sales in Breckenridge more than doubled that of 2019 (147 vs 66).
According to forecasts by the Federal Reserve, interest rates are expected to remain at current all-time lows through 2023. Decreases in 2021 real estate sales volume will likely be due to a lack of properties for sale.
How does Breckenridge Associates fare in comparison to other real estate firms in Breckenridge and Summit County? These statistics are derived from the Summit County MLS:
- #1 in listings sold in Breckenridge, almost double the leading single office competitor in Breckenridge (136 vs 74)
- #1 in Dollar Volume for Breckenridge sales at $266M (120M more than leading competitor)
- #1 in Breckenridge for sales at price point over $1M
- #2 in Summit County for sales at price point over $1M
- #1 for Active Residential Listings in Breckenridge as of Jan 7, 2021
- #1 for Active Residential Listings in Summit County as of Jan 7, 2021
- #3 in Dollar Volume for Summit County sales at $318M with only one office and 18 partners
Our standings in Breckenridge and Summit County are accomplished by the knowledge and expertise of our 18 partners, a strong return client base and new emerging buyers who are often referred by our existing clients. We are forever grateful and humbled for being entrusted to care for our client’s biggest and most beloved investments.